Saturday, December 17, 2011

The birthday bowls

My husband has been working in the garage on his lathe forever.  Every night after work he has been out there listening to his classical music and woodworking away.  He said that he was relaxing and creating which I certainly understand.  Today is my birthday.  This is what I found all wrapped nicely on the table when I got up.  From Poplar and Red Oak, my man made me this beautiful set of wooden bowls.  He said he had thought of Tiffany's but decided on bowls instead.  Much better...Thank you honey..you are the best.  I love my birthday bowls and I love my man:)



4 comments:

Karen at Birdsong Cabin said...

Wow, wow, wow! Those are amazing and MUCH better than Tiffany's in my opinion. Happy birthday to you. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Karen E. In Charlotte

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I LOVE the bowls. My husband was a woodworker too so I have a deep appreciation for the beauty of the grain. Happy birthday!

Andrea said...

They are beautiful - lucky you xxx

Ruth said...

Love the bowls - they are beautiful! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! Sending you a big hug and lots of love! I miss sewing with you and Emily!