Tuesday, December 27, 2011

January cuddle quilt done

This donation quilt is such an easy scrap sew.  The original one on Moda Bake Shop was for one solid charm square sewn to half a layer cake.  I have an entire drawer of 3" strips that I routinely cut from scraps. I cut 6 inches from these and then added 3" squares of a random blue solid I had.  Then I chain sewed them together.
 Mollie always has to steal the show!

 I wanted to use a darker thread for the channel quilting here, but decided instead to use up a thread I had bought on sale.  I must learn that every time I buy a thread other than Aurefil, it is a mistake.  Look at this thread..says 50 count but it is thicker and look at the amount of thread on it...I mean, really...the size of the cardboard middle gives the illusion that there is more thread there than there is...ugh...See the inner cardboard I have marked with green marker..ugh again.


No comments: