Sunday, June 10, 2012

Today's accomplishments...

Today's lazy day turned out just fine in the end...for in between napping:) and reviewing quilting books, I made this for a wedding present.  Tomorrow I might mess around with the alphabet on my machine to put their name on it.


 When my daughter came home in October for her grandmother's "funeral". she made these labels for me.
This is the fourth carrier I have made...casserole cover tutorial...they are so quick!  I use mine all the time. Tomorrow I do not have to work so I will go to Lowes to have more handles cut.  I like to have them on hand.  I might also go to Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon to buy the bolt of Insul-brite.  Making this carrier, I used most of mine and I need more for potholders.

I am organizing my quilting books...reading them before  I put them back on the shelf...weeding out old ones or duplicates.  While reading through The Quilt Design Workbook...one of the first quilting books I ever bought,  I found this wonderful quote...
"A tree in the forest doesn't keep looking around at the other trees, wondering if it's growing faster or slower than they, or if it's all right to be putting down roots so deep instead of using its energy for making acorns--it just grows..that's its job--to grow.  Only people drive themselves crazy asking "what's this for?  Am I doing all right?  Am I doing better than someone else?  Is it all right to be doing this?" 
from Beth Guthcheon's introduction in the Quilt Design Workbook, by Beth and Jeffrey Gutcheon, 1976

Amen!


4 comments:

Diane said...

Nice quotation and so true. Self awareness (and self doubt) is the price we pay for being a higher life form.

Wonder whatever became of the Gutcheons.

Cristin said...

cute cute casserole holder! i could use one of those.... ;-)

Rachaeldaisy said...

A casserole holder is such a great idea for gifts!! I've never seen one before. I really like that quote, very true!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Diane, What a useful and cute idea if you carry around casseroles. Cute fabric too. I just love your solids quilt--great colors, very pleasing!
best, nadia