Monday, July 30, 2012

International flair for the wonky

There is nothing like putting a piece on the blog to see where things could be adjusted.  I just love blogging.
 Shopping my stash, I found a stack of Australian fabric fat quarters from when Marie and I went to the Statesville show a number of years ago.  They are really beautiful.  I thought I might add a bit of international flair somewhere in this wonky piece of mine.  And then I might not want to use my  beautiful fabrics on such a piddling piece...and then I did promise self to use my collection and not just admire it and touch it and love it...and then....sigh...
Today's behavior analysis....This is the end of week 4 as in concussion recovery...4 to 6 weeks.  I decided that I was way done with this and I was going to go to Hobby Lobby to look for a magazine I had been wanting..I was looking at 45 min max..15 min there, 15 min each way...I felt that I needed to walk thru the fire to get to the other side...to be brave and not wimpy and to be done with all this concussion stuff.  Off I went, flying high..windows open listening to young folks music...the great pretender.  As I approached the store, my eyes started to feel pokey and my head started hurting and my dizziness...But brave me went inside anyway.  Tough I am...They did not have the magazine.  Back in the car...that humility thing again...this return trip had air conditioning on high and me praying that the light would hurry up and change.  My husband asked how it went.  I told him to talk to me from my bed.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love what is up on your design wall! So sorry to hear you are still not back to normal from the concussion, hopefully very soon now.