Thursday, July 12, 2012

Progress is always a good thing

I finished this quilt this afternoon using my left foot on the peddle as the right one is still swollen.  I also went to the doctor.  The doctor said that I had bruised my brain and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to be myself...wow...He said I was lucky I did not break my neck..TBTG
That is progress....I was able to drive today...small miracles.  I visited my mother.  No, she had not been pining away for her eldest daughter.  In fact, she was preparing to leave on the bus for lunch bunch...Now that is surreal!...I like the way I quilted this..It is.right out of the dryer...channel quilting and then free-motion in the border...all in black...not that I was in a black mood or anything with my concussion thing going on.
The backing has Japanese cats and American dogs!!  Thank u Ruth and thank u Charmaine.
Lordy, is someone jealous or what???
I do not like to keep making the same kind of quilt  over and over...like to try something new.  But, under stress, I like easy..and so the same thing. (This past year there has been just a little bit of stress!!!)..I saw something similar on Red Pepper Quilts this morning.  I love it.  She did not use scraps, however and it is a different look.  Such an easy, easy scrap quilt.

Now I am having issues to share.  I have started hoarding my new Aurifil thread(:  I love it so much, I am trying to use up my old thread first.  Teetering on the edge of sanity...should I just throw the old stuff away...It takes twice the bobbin filling...sigh...I hear that you cannot take this stuff with you.  What a shame...

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the black thread for quilting, the pen and ink look.

I use my left foot on the pedal all the time because of my hip problem. Keeps me from having a problem. Using the right foot throw me off balance somehow.

Melissa said...

Love your pup in the picture...:). The quilt looks perfect. As for the thread... You could always donate it to GW! I have some Aurifil (sp?) but I am afraid to use it because I might love it and want to get rid of my old thread, too! It really is great, huh? I need to break into it!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Diane. This quilt is so cheerful, very cute. So sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you're all mended now. As you so aptly noted, nothing is promised. Each day is a gift.
best, nadia