Thursday, August 16, 2012

Size matters.....

Now, I know it is not fair to compare a first edition magazine from 2012 with a first edition magazine from 1972.  But, in all honesty, the size of magazines has not changed in all those years, until now.  I was so eager to try this new magazine that I ordered it online from Fat Quarter Shop with my new Paypal fetish:).  The magazine on the left cost me $1.00.  The magazine on the right cost me $10.   Sort of like the ice cream boxes, a reduction in size.
 A reduction in size, but maybe not in substance.  I was eager to see...alas, I could not.  By the time I read to page 14, I was dizzy..This magazine is heavy on articles and not on pictures... so disappointed I was as I try to keep a grip here...Below...all basted...wonderful..on hold till I am able to quilt.

2 comments:

smazoochie said...

Love the birdie bordered baby blankie! I have some of that finch fabric, but I can't find it!

Dora, the Quilter said...

I didn't get dizzy reading--but my brain just couldn't handle anything except blogs and magazines with lots of pictures. I can now read very light fiction, extremely light non-fiction--but it's taken months! Not to discourage you, but just to recommend being kind to yourself. Stress makes healing harder.