Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Potholders and such...emphasis on the such...

How do I say this??? I need to do the potholders as planned, but I tend to leave them to last because they make such a scrappy mess.  I decided to do bibs instead.  My friends are becoming grandparents again and again...  These fabrics are so cute for bibs....but.........
I came upon the rest of the 6" cut batik squares from the other day.  These were not the fall colors, but more pastel, so I had just left them on the desk for a clean-up time.  It would certainly be fun to make them into something...instead of the bibs which were instead of the potholders, etc, etc.....
At first glance there were not enough, and they were dull.  I found a few orange ones and cut them randomly to insert for more color.  That was fun...so I cut some of the others too... This is a random quilt...no design wall, just the liberated thing.  Very, very fun... 
 I finished a top.  The color is off due to the dark and the flash...but I think it is fine...
 If I could get it quilted by Wednesday,  of course without pushing myself...I could turn it into Guild for the hospital.  I could then have four and would be all caught up with my goal of one hospital quilt a month...I would indeed be happy.  I really love the orange stripe.  Sad to see it almost used up.  The batiks remind me of the fun trips to Pittsburgh taking our daughter back and forth to college at Carnegie Mellon.  At the time Charlotte did not have JoAnn's fabrics, but a little town outside of Pittsburgh did...Mountain View...was the highlight of the 8 hour trip...sales galore...nice memories...

No comments: