Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Day...of sorts..

Finally...after trying so many times and only finding long lines, getting bent out of shape..today I did it..I went to a different neighborhood..so nice, so efficient..in and out in 50 minutes..I am relieved to have this checked off my list...
 I found a package of terry bibs from forever ago....took some 2 inch strips of fabric and 1.75 inches of Wonderunder, did a blanket stitch and now I have my donation for the Guild bazaar gift shop..off my list that is... 
Just got a call from my mother. Her caregiver called for her.  She was in bed from her nap and was crying.  She said that she had thought it was Easter and that the children were there.  She was distraught when her caregiver told her that it was not Easter and that there were no children.  She hates to feel confused. She told me that the nurse helped her do the absentee ballot today.  Well, she has already voted...So, I had to check that one out..The nurse said ...it was the flu shot that she had...How does one confuse a flu shot with voting.??  Anyway, evidently confusion in the elderly happens sometimes when they wake up...sigh...They are bringing her chocolate ice cream and chocolate cake.  That would fix anything in my opinion.

2 comments:

Debby said...

cute bibs, you are knocking out your list left and right. We too finally got to vote yesterday. I wonder if the lines will be so long on election day.

Melissa said...

Adorable bibs! I haven't voted yet, but I may try this weekend... :)