Friday, October 12, 2012

Today was THE day....

All day long, it was THE day...First up PT.  I finished off and got my award for being a good patient (which was a big fat lie)  She said that if I need to whine more, I could call her...my kind of PT!!...Then right on to my concussion guru...who discharged me!!!!!  TBTG  I am 85% and she said I would get better and better..Monday she is leaving for Spain to give a lecture on brains..so I am .Praying here.that this is the truth and not a convenience..  I gave all of them a tissue holder in case they cry missing me... ha ha.

Next to gift this Butterchurn quilt to Dr. D....my mother's Parkinson's neurologist for the past 11 years...she is the best.  No doc on Friday so I left it with the secretary.  Within 45 minutes my cell rang and it was Dr. D....she was happy.... When the secretary called her, she got out of bed and came back to work to get it.   This quilt was made last October when my mother was given three days to live. . I was going to give the doctor the quilt then,....but, in my mother's words,  she missed the train.  Today was the day....Dr. D was down and out with a back injury...perfect timing for the giving of the quilt.  Her favorite color is yellow!

Chatting away with the doctor, she remarked that she was going to call me anyway because she loved the potholders so much, she was wondering if I would make her a few more.  Bingo!!!  Such flattery was just what I needed to start the potholder sewing that I had been avoiding.  This is why....

I have so many potholders to make for holiday giving...I have twenty ready to start now here....But, this is the MESS it makes in my sewing room.  Grandma taught me the clean as you go method, but it didn't take...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Clean as you go inhibits creativity! That's what I tell my mom, who is horrified by my sewing space. Good thing it has a door! I love the quilt for your mother's doc and so glad she "missed the train". What a good sense of humor!

smazoochie said...

The buttery-yellow butterchurn quilt is beautiful -- a lovely gift for the good doctor.
So pleased with your continued improvement.

Debby said...

What a wonderful quilt for your Mom's Dr, I know she was blown away by your kindness!!! Your sewing room looks like my did a few days ago. I finally got it back in shape but will mess it up again as soon as I pull out another project I am sure

Melissa said...

So glad you are feeling better! I am also not on the "clean as you go" team.... Messy is more fun!