Tuesday, November 13, 2012

To try and fail is better than...to never......

 From  here, I found a great journal cover tute...I chose to use my own fabric rather than to piece the Dresdan..for now...Good thing that I have started already making holiday presents....because...hmmmm
 Cute IKEA scrap for the outside and cute IKEA scrap for the inside....and...

Someone evidently does NOT read directions...stressed out....The directions say that the covers fit the "standard" size composition binders....so who would measure...just ass--u--me....that I know what that means...hmmm. Clearly mine are not "standard" .  So tomorrow off to Walmart to find one that fits my newly finished journal cover....
p.s. the directions say that the size should be 1 inch bigger than your journal...oh, well....glad I started now!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh, how aggravating to have to make another one! The first one used such cute fabric. Don’t give up on it though. Find a new use for it, like storing coupons or receipts, recipe cards or stationary, handkerchiefs in your lingerie drawer or love notes under your pillow.

Courtney said...

I love that bird in the cage! It will be perfect, once you find that standard size!

smazoochie said...

Uh oh. Very cute cover -- love the bird. Maybe the "standard" notebook was one of those Moleskines?