Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday this and that.....

All pumped up with pain meds, I had the cookie exchange Wednesday night.  These friends have been with me thru all my concussion, asthma and now pulled back from asthma coughing...blah blah again!!!!  So I gave them the covered composition books last night to say thank you and thank you again.  It takes a real friend  to put up with non-stop whatever....  Here I put the books out on the piano.  I must say that I like them.  It worked out perfectly since each person had a different taste.  Bye, bye button collection...hello happy faces:)
 This was my first cookie exchange.  Fudge is my no-brainer, fall back treat....After my cookie failures...fudge it was...chocolate and penuche!
 I have finished my ornament for the exchange. My daughter said that it was not going to be that cute...I think she was right.  But, I am done with it now..  I thought it was going to be a modern bird for the Modern Quilt Group...but it turned out a bit on the old and lumpy side...maybe I am over identifying:)..
just sayin..........ha!.........

2 comments:

Debby said...

Your friends are going to LOVE their gifts you made!! What the heck would a modern bird be? Ha! A bird is a bird and you did use modern fabric. I am sure whoever is lucky enought to receive it will be very happy

Barb said...

great composition covers! wow you were busy!
sweet fudge packages.