Saturday, February 16, 2013

Carpe Diem

Snow is a big deal in Charlotte.  This is the first snow in two years and it will probably be gone by tomorrow afternoon!
 So...we gotta strike while the outside is cold!!!   Homemade chicken soup from Susan Branch's chicken stock that I started yesterday in anticipation...  A very clever potholder by Karen:)
Mr. O'Quilts made the wonderful  pretzel bread
 Aldi furnished the fruit:)
 Himself made the fire....
 A glass of cheap wine...Thank you Dear Ol' Ma...*
 Then, since this is a quilting blog, not a snow blog and the old fashioned movie is over and the coziness enjoyed..I thought I would take some pix of my vintage cat pillows...  The blue one below made by a friend's grandmother in Miami...1979
  God knows where I got this one.......or..................................This one???  I told you I kept everything!





















* My mother wins these bottles of wine at the Assisted Living auction.  They give the residents 100$ fake money to bid on donated goods.  It is one of my mother's favorite activities.  She takes her fake money and buys wine and baubles.  She never gets around to have it opened and she can get a glass of wine if she wants at dinner...so she gives it to me.  Good thing as I am not on a million Parkinson's medications!!  And, it comes in handy on a Charlotte snow day:)

5 comments:

Karmen said...

Enjoy your cozy fire and glass of wine. I had one of those sleeping kitty pillow back in the day too. Cheers, Karmen

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We haven't had that much snow yet here in northern IL. The south has had more snow than us since the beginning of winter. I'm glad you are enjoying it because you are right, it doesn't last long down there.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Enjoyed seeing your cat pillows. I've been thinking of doing a couple or a series or something in that form. When I see your snowy pictures, I'm glad I live in Tunisia. While skyping, I hear my granddaughters (in Tennessee) squeal "It's snowing!!!!!" They're young...
best, nadia

Melissa said...

Looks like a great, cozy night! Love your snowman! :)

Karen at Birdsong Cabin said...

Yeah for using the pot holder! Sam just came in from playing in the snow and he is drinking hot chocolate. What a beautiful morning.