Sunday, February 2, 2014

ALS and Potholders, Calming the Storm...

Surviving here, one potholder at a time. 
 I have 29 potholder tops made and these two finished and given away today.   My sanity...all sewn up in potholders.
My man, my everything, 36 years together... is 9 months into an ALS diagnosis (Motor Neuron Disease)..
.Jeeze Louise...did I hear that right????
 Last March he was playing championship tennis, now he sits in a recliner and goes out in a wheelchair.
Fundraisers are here...
Receiving is hard.  
It is much harder than I ever expected.  It is all hard.
 I have help...girl kind of help...My daughter teaching Lynsey the way to go.  Lynsey...the thrill of learning!!!!  Stirring the tortellini soup.
 And in the family tradition....learning to sew...
xxoo

7 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Diane, I can't even begin to tell you how much this breaks my heart for you. Know that I am thinking of you, your husband, your family and will do so every single day. You are in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers..really and truly you are. Just know that. (((hugs, hugs, hugs)))

Jan said...

I just wanted to tell you that I'm so very sorry. Your plate has overflowed. Will certainly be keeping you in my prayers.

Mary said...

Diane, my heart aches for you and your family...keeping you in my prayers.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Sending you hugs! It's great your daughter is there to be with you all and help. You really do make the best pot holders!!

smazoochie said...

Just smile & accept gifts in the spirit that they are given -- if someone you loved needed similar help, you would give, too.
Be as strong as you can, lean when you need to.

http://thankfullga447 said...

My prayers are with you, a church member has ALS and he just went to Israel and under going surgery first ever in the world. I have heard research is working very hard on this.

catspec said...

Hoping your husband has all the hope and help he can get, and you sound like you are a great support. SOunds like your family will support you as well. Yes, those that have given during their earlier years need to learn to accept later...God Bless you. AND, I love your potholders....they bring a ray of Spring sunshine into this snowy day.