Tuesday, June 10, 2014

CMQG challenge, part 2

 A big thank you to Sloane for taking the kids to the pool so I could do this...!!!
This link will take you to a previous post where I started the Charlotte Modern Quilt group challenge.
Of course it was with potholders.  The other day, I used the rest of the fabric for a stroller quilt.  As you can see I did a piece of orange binding for the solid side of the quilt.  I measured it perfectly but made the mistake of diagonally cutting the binding connection.  That threw it off..mistake due to weak brain power.  hmmm...I think the baby will not mind so much.


Before my great fall(:,  Evan colored a potholder for his teacher.  L and D just had to be part of it...so here are the results of the 4 and 5 year old.  When they have their monthly hour visit with their mother, they can give them to her.  She will appreciate it since I taught her to quilt and she was a natural!
ALL of this was so so fun!!  I really love the challenge of making something from nothing.  And the kids had a great time coloring their potholders...You can see the robot with the blue binding and the zombies in yellow...lol  They chose their own backings...L chose purple donuts and D chose blue bikes!!

1 comment:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great baby quilt! I love how the boys have drawn on the pot holders, what a great idea.