Monday, September 1, 2014

Reading Between the Lines

From Lori's cool tute comes this top I just finished:
I started using her pattern because I could not think to create myself.  However, in short order I became me again and did a bit of ad lib....
I love how it turned out.  I do not know why I have gone nuts about buying new fabric, when my favorites are the scrap ones.
Today was all about doom and gloom until:

 from gratefulness.org came this message to me.
WORD FOR THE DAY
Monday, Sep. 1
It is a huge danger to pretend that awful things do not happen. But you need enough hope to keep going. I am trying to make hope. Flowers grow out of darkness.
Corita Kent

1.  At the ALS clinic on Friday, the good doctor told Mr. O'Quilts that he has now lost 50% of his swallowing ability.  Everything is pureed now.
2.  The Mr and I went to Hong Kong on our honeymoon 34 years ago.
3.  My dear man and I used to work at the Miccosukee Indian reservation.  We would drive for an hour through the Everglades in Florida to the reservation.  Himself was the tribe counselor and I was the school counselor.  I had to work through an interpreter, avoiding eye contact with the elders as was their custom.  Alligators galore.

3.   I went on a 5 week language study program to what was then the Soviet Union when I was 21 years old.  That year all the women wore red and purple rain boots.  Evidently that was all that was available.  I fell in love with Georgian bread and the subway.
Just FYI...lol  ps..if this is a repeat...pls forgive...
xxoo my friends!

ps if when you make a comment I do not answer, it is because I am overwhelmed...It does not mean I do not cherish your comments...cuz I so do!

3 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

When we keep our eyes and hearts open...we see beauty and find joy even in the seemingly darkest of places. When you get tired and need to be held up...reach out...those of us who have walked through seemingly endless darkness can and still take great pleasure in just a simple butterfly.

Sending love, courage, strength and prayers your way.

Kelly

Birdsong Cabin said...

LOVE that quilt!!! Sending you a BIG HUG today and hope to see you soon.

Karen E.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your life could be a novel though I know this chapter is a difficult one. It's so interesting to hear snippets of your life. Your new quilt is wonderful, I love the use of red, and you're so right, scraps are the best!