Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Little Pillow Mania



I am into pillowcases. Every time I turn around, my dear man has lost another function and therefore needs another pillow. These little pillows are perfect for someone who is sick.  They are a bit pricey at $8 or $9 each, but I find at JoAnn's Fabric store with a coupon, they are just right.
The latest loss is in the neck muscles of my dear man's neck....So when he wakes in the morning, his head is unsupported. One of these pillows is under his left paralyzed arm, under his right almost paralyzed arm, under his chin and on each side of his head.
I am grateful I can sew the pretty pillowcases.
Then....OMG....
Here comes the respiratory therapist!  She brought a big cumbersome breathing vest and Friday she is going to bring a "sip and puff" portable breathing machine...We probably should get another red cart from Harbor Freight to put all these things on..We can attach a plug strip to the top....Now if my dear wants to go outside...the Hoyer lift will put him in his wheelchair.  He will be pushed outside with his catheter bag, his feeding bag and the red cart with two large apparatus attached to be plugged in outside.
 I want to throw up.
I really want to be braver.
I want the courage of Mr. O'Quilts!!

Five men friends came the other night to visit Mr. O'Quilts...TBTG my dear man felt well...He so enjoyed them.  When my guy is happy, then this Mama Bear is happy too:)

7 comments:

ES said...

It's a hard road that you are travelling at the moment. He is surrounded by your lovingly made pillows though, so he is lucky for that. x

smazoochie said...

I remember the small pillows my Dad was given when he had cancer. Mom used them later in her dementia.
The pillows keep Mr. O'Q comfortable, the special pillowcases make him feel loved.
I'm so glad his mates came to see him.
Sweetheart, you are so much stronger than you think.

Ellen Guerrant said...

Diane - Dear heart, you are oh so brave whether you know it or not. Sewing on in the middle of it all, keeping your sanity and humor when it would be so easy not to. I admire your outward resolution. You are a pillar of strength to me. You lift me up!
Thank you for your wonderful text today. It reached me just as I was missing my Mother most. Today would have been her 100th birthday.

Love and hugs!

Ellen. xox

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's the love you stitch into your pillow cases that makes them extra special. Yay for a happy visit of Mr O'Quilts friends.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Personalised pillowcases are worth your precious sewing time. Friends to visit him, priceless.
Hugs

Mary said...

I think you are brave, dear friend. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

http://thankfullga447 said...

My friend here who has ALS is in a care center now. I think of you all the time and now I will pray for Elena.