Thursday, March 19, 2015

Skidamarink a-doo


Thanks to Aunt Maura we have one St Paddy's Day pix!!  Irish socks:)
For some reason, I can do nothing.  I think I need a Sit-and Sew to organize myself, I need to be able to get to the pool, a need a fire under me...I am just sitting here looking out my sewing room window at the blue sky and my bottle tree,,,,with a long list..and I do nada...
.Lunch would be nice, but I do not feel like making it. 
Maybe I should just sew some strips together instead of focusing on finishing anything...
Kids update:
One in bed with nose bleed
One in bed with a stomach ache
One crying because the boys get all the attention and that is always her poor life!!
Next day at Urgent care with 9 year old...Strep in the throat and Strep in penis...Really..just really!
He is home in bed with Mindcraft..

 Here we have a poorly lit border example...with a dark teal binding..it might work.  I am not too invested in this UFO, Granny/Album...so it is time it was done..
A quilt is not finished until the binding is on!!!
I am kind of stretched thin today..waiting now on the buses instead of the nap.
The latest of the latest for my dear man:
The neck brace, as the muscles in his neck are now weak.  If he is able to get into his wheelchair from the bed, he now needs this to transfer to support his neck.
Good things...Our Wednesday night quilting group had a great time.  Jean was here, a big deal since her radiation, and chemo, etc.  She helped me organize my stabilizers..I have a tendency to just go buy more instead of foraging in the mess bag..Thank you Jean...we have missed you mucho.
I was able to have lunch with my pool friends the other day.  I met a new friend there whose husband died of ALS two years ago..It was great to see someone who has actually survived this horror.
Thank you  all for your emails and comments and packages and notes and support.
Thank you Declan for coming and making such a big difference in our lives.
.Too bad immigration from Dublin to Charlotte for you and Geraldine is not in the cards.
xxoo
Skidamarink a-doo  

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I thought of you all on St Patricks Day. Those socks a woolly celebration!! Dark teal binding sounds perfect, decision made, I say. I hope the children all get better soon. Three cheers for Declan and his visit and making you all smile.

smazoochie said...

In spite of all the madness & sadness at your house, you still have It for fabric, pattern & color -- invested or not!
The love & support of friends -- virtual & IRL -- are one thing, but the shoulder of someone who has been down the path you are traveling is so valuable.
Take care.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Cute socks, hope the young ones are now feeling better. Sitting looking out of the window is my go to escapism, even fun things are beyond me sometimes. Lovely for your man to have Declan visit.
Hugs