Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Something Fishy

The fishy birthday bag.
 I used the tute from the Busy Bean
There were several things that I learned here for myself.
Over and over she learns and unlearns.
I started this bag at midnight.
That should be enough said, but oh, no...seems not.
I had to rip 4 times, because I kept getting the lining side wrong side up or down..
Finally I let it be and went to bed.
For the first time I did somewhat decent zipper tabs.
But, still not where I would like them to be.
I found it hard to sew right up to them without a pucker, the seams were thick.
I put in a key holder...next time would make it shorter and forget the Pellon.
I would make the strap more narrow.
I have  had this fish fabric at least 30 years from Miami days.
It was back when the quilt police flourished and we were so not allowed to use
anything but 100% cotton.  This fish piece has some linen in it.

The telling of this present will be in the using and how the fabric stands up where it is placed, etc.
I thought it would be perfect for a bike ride...or maybe bobbins..or maybe......
Last night I also had a bit of bobbin problem..but did not notice it of course ..midnight...duh!!!!
Although I am glad that I started early.

Thank you Eithne for the link.
Gaston Co...Tony's Ice Cream Factory
I wish I was at Tony's right now!!!!

Kids are getting over their colds from last Sunday...coughs linger...
I have been sick for 10 days and am quite pissy, thank you!!
Asthma is the pits.
More family drama..and no Mr. O'Quilts and no mother to share the pain.....
Just me, the tough old matriarch.... fighting mad.
Albeit...
Surrounded by friends...and love...

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Sewing things start going wrong for me after 9pm, I can't even fathom attempting a zip after midnight. I love the fish fabric, it would have been fun on Muggs sailboat quilt too, though the quilt police might have been watching.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I love your fishy fabric. I am not good at sewing when I'm tired. I make so many mistakes. I need to put on my big girls panties and try to put a zip in, in anything!!!,
Hugs