Friday, April 22, 2016

It is all about Balance

This very proud Grandma is thrilled to show you
Two black belts and
one brown belt!!
My darlings have come a long, long way!!
Two and a half years with Grandma.
I love them so.
 A big thanks to Aunt Brandy and Uncle Steve for bringing their family
...... to Karate graduation last night.
Wonderful!!
Working a bit here tonight mixing balance, color and busyness..
 Thinking of one last border...such a fun quilt.
Friday nights are hard...made better by widow group dinners
and sewing. Looking down the barrel of losing mixed couple friends and
cementing friendships just for me.
Thank God I have always been able to think on my feet.
That does me well in a crisis...or two...or .....three..or more!!!

5 comments:

BlueRidge Quilter said...

Black belts and a brown belt, WOW! That is wonderful. S did Tae-Kwan-Do for several years so I know what an accomplishment this is for the kids. Congrats!! I loved the quilt blocks as you were making them, but I REALLY LOVE them all in the quilt, the layout, the border. This is a favorite of mine. Bravo :) Hope you found a beautiful dress for the wedding.

smazoochie said...

Congratulations to your small-&-growing-stronger-everyday ones!
The fabulous quilt is YOU -- finding beauty & order in the chaos.
Congratulations to you!

m. said...

Congratulations to your grands!
And I love that quilt! It was the inspiration for me to cut into a "too small, irregular squares of corduroy inherited quilt top". Using only stash, I've inserted a large "cross with cornerstones", plus borders. Now I can't wait to quilt it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Karen said...

Your grandkids are just awesome! It is too bad that friends seem to move away whenever something within the group changes. I am glad that you are able to find a new group of friends who will be there for the long-haul.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Such a proud moment!