Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Kneed to Survive

I am HOME!!!!
10 Days in a rehab nursing facility.
How to survive...lessons...
Make your room in the nursing room look like home...kinda...!!
Have someone bring in your travel sewing machine to keep your mind off of the dementia patient screaming away down the hall.....and off of your own pains...both physical and mental
  Invite your friends over to the facility to celebrate their 99th birthday!!
Laugh and laugh and eat cake.!!    Chocolate Cake!!!!
 
 Celebrate the friends you have....with the awesome sense of humor!!
The gift close to my heart....Chocolate!!!!
Alas, the package had been slashed and Granola replaced M&Ms...
When I went for the sugar....ha ha ha...
You call that funny!!!! ??????

Have a friend you can text at 5 am who cares and understands.
Have a friend who calls you from Miami to give a hug by phone.
Have the most awesome daughter ever ever ever!!!
Have a friend to bring you dinner on the day you get home.

Cry and cry and cry until the tears can no longer distinguish which pain they are addressing...
the knee, the man, the mother or the son...
And so it goes..I am home today...in an empty house...celebrated by peace and quiet, pain and fatigue..
I have walked thru the fire...coming out the other side, a better person.
Met some awesome new professional friends at the facility.
Gave them all a zippy purse of gratitude with a shiny penny inside for good luck.
Participated in firing that horrible nurse...
Whew...!!
Life is still a beautiful thing.  xoxo

11 comments:

ES said...

You're home! Wonderful:) x

livelymonkey said...

You are amazing. My role model. What now. Therapy? Crutches or Walker or walking with brace? I'll email soon.
Mona

smazoochie said...

As they say, the only way out is through. You, my dear, are a professional at going through, your sense of humor, your strength of character & love keep you going.
Rest well.

Mystic Quilter said...

So very pleased that you now safe at home! Keep on keeping on and recovering from you surgery - wishing you so very eel as you continue on.

Mary said...

I am so glad you are home and hope your recovery happens at lightning speed!

http://thankfullga447 said...

No Place like home!

Sharon said...

Home is the best place to be, isn't it? Glad you've made it through so far. Things will get better and better. Just take care of yourself!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Diane. So glad to hear you have gotten through surgery and are home. With a new knee, you should soon be dancing a jig! I bet you've got some quilting planned, all the same! Have a peaceful summer! best, nadia

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Nothing like your own bed to help you relax. Take care and get better soon. Feel the fabric and look at magazines / books for fun.
hugs

Rachaeldaisy said...

I feel like I need to make a pot of tea and sit down and catch up on your news. I guess I just have to catch up on my blog reading. It's good to hear you're home. Please look after yourself.

Unknown said...

Diane, I miss you! When can you get me on your calendar for a dinner date? ❌⭕️❌⭕️