Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Beginning of the Season!

School is out for five days...Today Lynsey asked Grandma where her Turkey outfit was for Thanksgiving??
Hmmmm....I did not know.  Who dresses for Thanksgiving in a turkey outfit??
Guess it was her cousin. Olivia. Hers was lovely.
Remembering the two turkey fabrics I had..she chose one.
 I have a lovely collection of colored elastic.  I have never made a quickie skirt like this.
Sewing the fabric onto the stretched elastic...It was so done in 20 minutes.
She is thrilled...TBTG for a fabric and elastic collection!!
Going to bed ...Stitch is the best comfort cat!!!

Starting now..on the eve of the eve of the beginning of the season.
This is the third year of this quilty Christmas process using random leftover blocks,
Just maybe it will be done this year.
First step...to put gold balls on the top of the trees...or maybe red.
We will see.
I am glad to see it up at least.
Company comes in late tomorrow night.
Hoping for peace at Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such a cute turkey skirt!! You're a super grandma that can make clothes out of nothing. I love your Christmas tree WIP. The zig zag edges add a fun touch.

Karaquilts said...

Thanksgiving wishes for a peaceful day full of quiet and sweet surprises (like turkey costumes!!!!) ~ ~ extra special hugs to each of you and your girl and her man.

smazoochie said...

Your cute little charmer can pull off a turkey skirt. I bet she was adorable.
I hope you & yours had a delicious meal at a table surrounded by love.