Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Midnight Post

When I am lonely and miss my man.... a reminder that love still abounds.
I have cleaned my ironing pad...Clean is appreciated.
Tonight was a great night...I finished the applique of Lynsey's Thanksgiving shirt.
Not perfect, but perfect for Lynsey.  Stitch just loves it....
 
 The wash away stabilizer for applique is my favorite.
After sewing, I just tossed the shirt into water.
In 30 minutes, there was no trace of stabilizer.
Just loving the lazy way.
 Tonight, with the help of vino tinto, I tied up some loose ends.
Choosing binding for this quilt...cutting up a favorite from my collection.
Soooo difficult to do.

Patches were appliqued to this family favorite quilt.
At the end of the patching...one might never see a spot of the original antique.

Although I felt this was for the garbage, someone loved it.
Grandma repaired the rips tonight.
It is now one thirty am..and Grandma O'Quilts is on a roll...
Tonight I feel hope...refreshing for me.
It has taken a full 24 hours to relax after my darlings left for their mother's
 house for the weekend.
Sipping my vino in Great-grandma's Christmas cup.

The cost of ALS
I am not just a widow.  I am an ALS widow.
I pray, dear friends, that you will read this post
It touches my heart.
xoxox

2 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

The turkey turned out just fine. I love the colours you have chosen. Gorgeous sunny day here, cold and windy though. I read the article, so sad, here in the uk I think they have noticed a lot of sports people develope als/mnd.

Cjsmimi said...

Love your heirloom cup for vino. Also, I feel lazy when I see everything that you have created! Relax... ;-)