Saturday, June 30, 2018

Adolescence hits the O'Quilt's Place and Grandma Holds on Tight

Once again...just getting into the Muldoon spirit.
 and repeating the holiday vintage spirit...
Evan turned 13 on June 28th.  Here he is with his new baby sister, Ava.
He loves her so much.  He knows she has hydrocephalus and has a shunt.
He loves her more.
 Evan asked for balloons for his birthday...there is a helium shortage, so 
we got these blue balloons...His daddy had them blown up before old grandma
could even open the bag.
His parents getting along for the sake of the kids...
Thank you God...Thank you so much.

 Evan received money for his 13th birthday....
But, he loved the most, the big Halloween sized candy bowl from his 
Aunt Charmaine.
We had another party today..organized by his mother..
My son and sister and Grandma O'Quilts all went...
Twenty people...Evan was a bit rude to his dear grandma...
He is embarrassed.
Of course I pale in front of his parents.  Poor Evan at 13 so angry
at all what has happened...safe with Grandma, to be mean....
It has taken me 70 years to try to find some wisdom...
Evan has it at 13...He knows it all...Amazing.
I am too old for his mood swings...and of course his craziness on 
social media... I love him so.
Tonight, I had to leave my son on a dark street to wait for the city bus to take him 
to the train to take him to the tent in the woods where he lives.
I cried all the way home.
Looking for comfort.
The loss of my husband has shattered me.

A Better Man
Thx Meg

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Well how good to see the kiddies with their parents - even if just for this photograph! Sorry to read he was rude to you at the party but it looks as if they had a good time.

Kaja said...

I guess you can be proud he feels safe enough with you to let out some of what he feels, though it's shame he was rude at the party. Adolescence -it's a rollercoaster, that's for sure! I'm sorry you are so sad.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love to you...a really, REALLY big Halloween candy sized bowlful ๐Ÿ’ž♥️๐Ÿ’ž