Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Cry for Me North Carolina...

This past week was scary...so...why not Halloween?.
Planning includes two more..and I am done...
No more Halloween quilts for the rest of my life.
There will be enough for each bed this October 31!!.

Now that we are safe and the children are back at school.
Grandma O'Quilts is sewing.
Four Patch Halloween quilt
To find  this pattern, I went on Missouri Star U-tube tutorials.
I looked and I looked...There must be millions or trillions of
tutorials there....Our Jenny Doan gives us no excuse at all not to sew.


Rain has stopped.
Wind has stopped.
Flooding is unimaginable.
Roads, creeks, yards, ponds
Yet, I am relieved.
We are safe and we have no damage. TBTG

The North Carolina Governor has asked the world
to please stay out of the state of North Carolina.
Major freeways are rushing rivers.
Dams are breaking.
People are cut off, there is no gas, no food.
In the flood waters are snakes, hog waste, fire ant colonies
among other things.
1.7 million chickens died, trapped in their cages.
and more and more and more.
Send love and hope and prayers to North Carolina.
The rivers have not yet crested...awful.
Cry Me a River

Looking for more on the cry theme..Of course..I found
Don't Cry for Me Argentins
It doesn't fit here..but I got carried away listening.
I loved it...so I just  linked it anyway.
Never realized it was Madonna.
Once again...Thank you all for your emails and comments of hope for us.
xo

4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Glad you are safe but sad with flooding. Glad children are back to school.

Cotton Farmer said...

I can't imagine the extent of your losses! But glad you escaped damage. Continuing prayers for your state!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I'm pleased you and your family are safe. It must be devasting to lose everything, I can't imagine it. Flooding causes so much damage. It quickly loses it's headlines in the press and on our tv's. Take care.
Hugs

Michele Bilyeu said...

Prayed for you every bit of every day. So glad you are all fine! I kept up with the news and there are so many heart breaking stories. Time indeed for a little sewing and quilting therapy. Lots of post-anxiety hugs and continued prayers for everyone else, all the lives lost, families affected, including all tbe chickens and other animals. Hugs, hugs, hugs.