Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Night-time Post

It is already past midnight.
Just thought I would share how much I love this fabric.
The children are gone to their mother's house for the weekend.
My son had gone out to a meeting.
I was starting to feel the pangs of missing my dear man,
especially when a storm is brewing for the Carolinas.
Tried to cheer myself with Hallmark Christmas movies and sewing.
Then,  I received a text from my son.
Mom...I am in the front yard salting your sidewalks so you do not fall.
My  heart....oh, my heart.

As I work on the daunting task of sewing room organization, I found
five blocks from an old quilt top from a friend of my  Aunt Billie's in
Glendale, Arizona.  She had asked me to finish it for her...I was only 23 at the time.
I have made several lovelies from the blocks and have these five left. 
Not knowing the outcome, tonight I have ironed 
them all onto Steam-a-Seam light, cutting
around the edges.
Stay tuned for my improv adventure.
 Always the student...I bet u did not know that I am a disciple
of Wanda...for Christmas Cacti..
My cacti below are 5 years old.  They live beneath
a porch bench all spring , summer and fall..and in the
winter, they come inside for a feeding and a display in my
kitchen window.
 

 All Lynsey wanted this  year from Santa was Elf on the Shelf..
NOooooooooooo.
Guess...Santa listened....good thing her daddy lives here now.
I was really amazed as Lynsey is almost 10
Here is the upfront and crazy picture of "Lucky"
Below the glimpse from the room.
Lucky cannot be touched and the spirits move him nightly.
Poor old Grandma....😇😇
Just kidding...I love my grands so much.


A little reading now and all the dogs and cats and Grandma will
soon be asleep.
Snow coming early Sunday morning.
Maybe....it is still only Friday night.
and you know how they are.......
Image may contain: text

5 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

You have a lovely thoughtful son. Hexies were the first epp flowers I made with Laura Ashley fabric in the late sixties.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am SO happy you are having success with your Christmas cactus. They keep me happy all winter.

Cotton Farmer said...

So true about the weather forecast! We could have made it to our daughter's in KC, if we left yesterday. Now it's here. Snowed a little (just covering the ground) last night. Gray day today with occasional sleet. Glad your son is there.
I need to learn the tricks of caring for Christmas cactus. I've inherited one that I managed to keep alive last year; this year it looks pretty limp and unproductive. Any hope for me to revive it?

Kaja said...

I love that fabric too. I'll look forward to seeing how you get on with your hexies. How thoughtful your son is.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely Christmas cactus Diane and a good size, have you had them since they were 'babies'?
Has the predicted snow arrived, if so good job your son salted the sidewalks for you. I think watching favourite movies is a good idea if you're feeling down. Bet the grandchildren are looking forward to Christmas.