Saturday, March 2, 2019

The Meadowland Sewalong...

Lucky me was gifted with samples from a collection of Denise Schmidt
I am delighted to use them in my next project...my first block:

Meghan at Then Came June writes patterns that appeal to my daughter..
.My girl asked me to quilt along with her...JOY.. 
 This is  how my mustard "Inside Out Star" came about.
Emily has chosen "Meadowland" for our next project together.
These patterns are very well executed and.the blocks are large.

When my daughter went off to Carnegie Melon for college....years ago....she insisted that she never wanted to see a sewing machine ever again..
 I had to buy her a comforter from Bed Bath and Beyond.
Within three months, she called asking for a sewing machine from Target so she could make pillows for her dorm room  Whew...

Now..I have given her my beloved Janome 6600.
My girl, living in Portland is sewing away, making quilts and clothes and pillows.
She even started a monthly sit and sew. with her Irish music group..
My heart is sooo happy.

I am not joining up with the quilt along as my knee pain keeps me down.
I have started sewing along, however...
Thank you Emily...This is too much fun.

My son has asked me to sit in the yard and read while he takes care of his children
How lucky can one grandma be??
xo

No comments: