Saturday, September 28, 2019

The Way We Roll...

Tawny's mom gave Lynsey the most beautiful Marie Osmond doll...
They are meant for each other.
Lynsey has never even seen a doll so lovely, she was overwhelmed.

Because the doll is large and porcelain, we do not want it to be broken
in our wild and crazy house..
 I made a place in Granddaddy's old closet..for the doll.
The next morning...what do I see....Lynsey has made a bed for her, quilt, teddy bear
journal, book, et al....Lynsey loves dolls!!!!
A big hug and thanks to Nancy. xo
Lynsey went with me last night to the Charlotte Modern Quilt Guild
She takes care of her grandma...and insisted on pulling both machines, herself
I worked on my project and Lynsey made this mug rug for her therapist.
Lynsey is trying to work thru some childhood trauma before I took guardianship.
Also, the death of her beloved Granddaddy.
I told her how proud I was of her to ask for a therapist...and that both of us
are so lucky to have found wonderful ones..
OOOOOHHHH  BarBara...
When I say life is so stressful that I feel like red wine and candy corn for breakfast.
BarBara is on it!!!!
This box came in from Pennsylvania yesterday!!!
Carol came by for some tea...We sat outside...She lifted the cushions to shake off the leaves...and their between the seats, was a baby Copperhead..sleeping away in the cozy spot...
Portent of fall..whenever it comes to very hot Charlotte!!
I will, never again, sit down to read without first checking the seats!!!!
Dear Lynsey took the measuring tape and measured 17 month old Ava
She then announced to me that she was making her a dress.
I suggested that a skirt might be easier...Oh, NO...Lynsey has a mind of her own.
Deborah showed up at Queen Bee on Thursday with her Jelly Roll rug all finished.
Now...Grandma O'Quilts is packing for Portland, Oregon.
May not post for awhile...
Leaving Monday for a two week R and R...TBTG I can walk now.
Did I mention how much I love my ortho guy?!!!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have a great relaxing trip. You will come back a new woman.

Michele Bilyeu said...

What an awesome gift and what an amazibg granddaughter you have! Beautiful treasures--the friend,the Marie Osmond doll, your darling granndaughter, and her amazing doll projects. Wow! Love that you get to visit your daughter๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Mystic Quilter said...

Love your photos of Lynsey with her new doll, she looks so happy! She must have such confidence to ask for help from a therapist to work though the childhood issues, I congratulate her.One thing creepy in this post is the finding of a baby copperhead - ugh - are they regular visitors where you live Diane?
Have a wonderful vacation with your daughter and son-in-law, so pleased for you!!!