Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Grandma Gets Star Status

My own personal Barn star...I have always wanted one.
Em found it in the country part of far East Portland...purchased from the artist himself.
I am so thrilled

Smiling as I say good-bye to 71.
Happy Birthday to me...Born in Boston in a snow storm...Ha!..
Proud to say..that here in Charlotte, my storm still brews at 72!!!!
Evan made my cake.
 Lynsey tried to put 72 candles on the cake, but we did not have that many
and our fire extinguisher is out of date!!!
The children were absolutely thrilled with my new present!!
I am the luckiest person in the world
Had a lovely visit with Linda today...She brought me new scissors.
I just love funky little pretty scissors!!!

Tons and tons of emails and texts came my way...friends from near and far.
Presents tonight were notes of endearment from my son and my grands.
And, Lynsey...dear Lynsey put all the notes in a  little box, wrapped it in fabric from my
stash, just like granddaddy used to do...Heart felt and loving.

I took myself to a Chinese lunch.
Returned books to the library where the man waived my late fees for the holidays.
And bought myself a bottle of red wine.
Seven days to Christmas, but for me...Christmas is here already.

4 comments:

myrtovl said...

Happy Birthday Diane!!!

livelymonkey said...

What a lovely well deserved sweet birthday. More hugs, Mona

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Happy Birthday Diane and best wishes for a happy healthy year ahead.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Happy Happy Birthday dearest Diane! And what a fabulous gift of a Barn Star! Awesome and colorful just like you! Love those big finger holes scissors and the heart warning cake that didn't burn the house down. You are blessed with great kids and grandkids beyond measure. Happiest of Holidays to all of you 💞💞💞