Monday, January 20, 2020

The Year of the Mouse and Freezing Weather

My favorite blog...Caroline is sooo generous with her free tutorials.
Here she gives us her studio tour. If any of you have an idea on how to make my sewing room look like this...please let me know...ASAP!!  Thank you...
SewCanShe

If in doubt, make a potholder and practice your free motion quilting.
This year is....Year of the Mouse...
When my son was 6 months old, I got him this small t-shirt from Chinatown
in San Francisco .
I could never bear to part with it...
Finally about 20 years ago, I made it
into a potholder....In the kitchen drawer..the mouse reminds me...
My son turns 35 on Thursday.
Just in case you did not know how far back my stuff goes!!
Or, how much I love my stuff!!


The story of my life...disorganization!!!
I was just about to make a bracelet using the snap set above...when..
I could not find the tool to install the snaps with..
I had to buy another one....My poor dear daughter...when I go...

My tough days are spreading out...now I can have 2 or 3 good days before a bad one.
Progress.   Today I made chicken soup...it was that kind of day...
and I made stuffed peppers which were gobbled up immediately.
Lynsey and Dylan helped me so they could learn how.

I usually like to skip Easter because Mr. O'Quilts died at Easter...maybe this year, I can do something different.
Today in Charlotte high of 39 and now it is 29  brrrr.
Dylan just came in from helping his father fix a neighbor's car...
Below freezing brave boy....
Of course wearing his favorite pants.
Tonight's wonderful book;
School notes:
This week is the end of semester one...
Evan's ninth grade, half gone.
Lynsey setting up for middle school next year.
Dylan ready to be next year's big cheese, last year at elementary.
They bring joy to my heart.


1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Gosh the book looks interesting Diane! I see you have quite a lot of page markers already in place. Would you recommend it?