Saturday, February 22, 2020

Love..It Just Comes Out of the Blue...

Queen Bee friends going thru my 3 large scrap baskets...TBTG
So happy to be able to share.
Also, makin" a bit of room for more scraps....Lordy!!
Above, look what Susie brought for Lynsey..
Daughter and dollie  matching apron patterns.
And, fabric for them.!!  Thank you Susie!!
Above, one of Heather's brilliant quilts  Lucky Heather is in Austin now, at Quilt Con
Next year it is in Atlanta...so praying I can ride with someone...
These are Kathylynn's creations...both for her friend at the pharmacy.
New baby quilt..and apron...

This life has been so crazy for 7 years...Finally I am able to cook again.  Dylan was complaining tonight that he had had to load and unload the dishwasher twice today.  And then there was the laundry. He had to bring down the laundry and sort it.  Lynsey started it and folded it..I told them that Granddaddy and his younger brother had to cook all the evening meals for 11 people every night.  Granddaddy was 12 and his brother was 11 when their mother died of stomach cancer at 47. She left 10 children behind....   And Ms Stephanie, by the age of 8, was cooking and cleaning and caring for her baby sister.  I told them that cooking saves us money and cooking makes lots of dishes.  Everyone has to do their part and sometimes more. 
Best to know how to do things, life as we know it, can change in a second.

They said that I make the best steak ever.  It is Chuck Eye instead of Rib Eye...marinated for an hour in a garlic salad dressing.
They are learning how to save money cooking.
I told them that no one knows the future..and that great-great Grandma and Grandpa lived through hard times..They had their own chickens and eggs.. We talked about saving...so Lynsey put $30 of her birthday money in her credit union account...I matched it...Now she has $60 to leave and grow.
Money growing money

I am however exhausted.
Evan has a stomach virus and missed all week at school..He is still at his mother's house.
  Lynsey is sniffling in her nightie..hmm,
Dylan has a cold.
 My son fixed my sister's car, now is trying to fix the garbage disposal...Life...

It is easy to get bogged down in despair....but,
 when we are able, gratitude and the morning light, lift us up.
Tonight's meeting was about gratitude....I am grateful that my son is healthy and helpful
A miracle.
 I am grateful for how well my grands are doing.
And, with grief being so much about anger and despair, I am so grateful for the friends who have stood beside me in spite of my irascible moods as I keep on doing the best I can.
Grateful for 50 years of fabric collecting and our 5 sewing machines.
My five quilting groups and all our combined creativity and outreach.
If we are lucky, tomorrow is another chance at a lovely day.

Meantime, folks are giving me things.  I do not like to accept...Finally, I have decided to look at those things as gifts from God...I am humbled.

3 comments:

livelymonkey said...

Diane what a beautiful post. As I’ve said before you have taught your grandchildren such important life skills. You are the most amazing Mother/Grandmother to them all. I am in awe!
Mona

Peter K said...

One of the wonderful gifts that a giver receives is learning to accept. Thanks for the really lovely thoughts and report.

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a super post Diane! I'm pleased you were able to find a home for some of your scraps and wasn't Lynsey the luck one with the pattern and the gorgeous fabrics! The gifts you are being given are given with love!