Friday, February 21, 2020

Snow, Cold, Windy, Sunny..No School and on it Goes...

Snow on Thursday
Schools closed today...for freezing puddles.
Not to be deterred at 10 and 11....a picnic in the wind.
Carolina blue skies, 40 degrees F...pizza, iced tea, a quilt and the dog.
Off they go on a winter adventure
Last night I am soooo very pleased to report 3 February finishes.
Two are for the Charlotte MQG outreach.  My part is 5 quilts, plus a bag for each.
So two down 10 months early is not bad, not bad at all.
With a little help...I got these done.
Five dollars each to Lynsey and Dylan for snipping the three quilts so I could wash them.
Sooo worth the money.They did a great job.
Pleased as punch with the finish,
 I treated myself to playing with batik scraps.
Fun...so much fun.

Still thinking about my rotten vintage bracelet.
I just had to look on Ebay and Etsy for information..
The same era...above, $12 on Etsy.
Mine had a silver bracelet part.
 I must tell you that this one, now lives in Charlotte with me.
This one has matching earrings...other than that...no difference  $229.

Mine that rotted was $8 at an antique store, seen on This Post.

This is an amazing sight at my house.
So have to show it off....
It is so wonderful to have a friend...or two...or...
Mucho thanks for help.
Novelty shelving here and my grands have outgrown a lot of  the children's fabrics.
Off to Outreach...and out of my house..
I never, ever, dreamed a dream that would let any fabric leave my house...
What did I know????

Thursday school was released 3 hours early...
Big fat snow flakes were so beautiful, although nothing stuck to the ground.
Today's blue, blue skies belie it all.

1 comment:

Ellen Guerrant said...

Oh this is so wonderful to read! See you tomorrow.

Hugs!

Ellen.