Sunday, February 9, 2020

Working Toward a Finish

Invaded...no respect!!
Instead of a finish, I am doing a little bit here and there
I used the Accuquilt...and cut 5 inch pieces for my political quilt.
A huge step in the right direction...not working on it now, but pleased the parts are cut.
Into a labeled baggie for now....repeat...labeled baggie.
AND...very pleased I used the cutter....which I never do.
Part of my decision to work on parts instead of wholes...brings this old top to light.
I am naming it, "The Bazaar", because it reminds me of my travels to Morocco.
 The color values here are off,  The border is subdued to calm the brightness.
The backing will be an orange which will self-bind the quilt.
 A pause now..for finishing the third library book on hand.
I tried to eat healthy...then I saw the Oreos...Jeeze Louize..
At least if I fall, I will bounce!!
Tonight I was going to eat fruit and salad, when my son brought home pizza.
The only reason, I even think of this...is that the hernia surgeon may not be too happy with me.
Appointment is in March.
Instead of  finding the lost bag bottom, I have just cut another one.
My first flimsy for donation...the border is on.
With the children gone to their mothers for three days, I considered myself on vacation.
Stayed in my nightie all day...Told myself...You deserve it, Grandma O'Quilts.
When the children sew, they use my machine.
 So I put their machines in their bags.
  If they want to use them, they can take them out onto the dining room table.
Instead, I put my Accuquilt Go in that space.  Maybe, if it is out, I will use it more.

And so it goes...tomorrow is back to school for the children ,
and back to the pool for me.

4 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh Diane - The Bazaar is glorious, I love the riotous colour, and those pops of orange draw the eye in.!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your Bazaar quilt top!!!! I love jumbled riots of color!

Janice Holton said...

Yup! I am a big fan of your Bazaar quilt. Love color and lots of it. You are a "new to me" blog so I read back a few posts worth. I love your sense of humor. :D

Judy Hansen said...

I like your bazaar quilt. It does remind me of a bazaar. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Mondays. I only request that you link back to my Design Wall Mondays post from somewhere within your blog post. Please provide a link when you participate next Monday. Thanks!