Friday, March 20, 2020

Sunny Day Three...On the Outside, Anyway

Teaching math on the quilt to her dolls...great way to practice math.
Lynsey will be a wonderful teacher and writer!
Todays science....a toad in Lynsey's hand.
The black hole engulfed me today, even though it was sunny outside.
Both yesterday and today, I read a book in the sun...
My son spent four  hours running around town into 10 grocery stores to find meat.
In the end, it was in Target, that he found stew meat and pork chops...wow..lucky us.
Finally, I got a grip and hung the Easter quilt...taking down the Christmas one!!
Tonight I made two receiving blankets.
I only started to feel better, when...I started sewing...really???
No surprise at that one.
This is the link for the toilet paper quilt..
So fun...Thank you Maureen and Myrto for this..
They will have a sew along next week...exciting.
On a Roll...by Java House Quilts

I bought this pattern.  I just had to be part of quilters expressing themselves
during this very crazy time.

When my friend, Anxiety comes visiting, I remember my brave grandmother, my brave mother and my brave husband...I am a wannabee...I want to be brave like they were.
And, so, as I sit in my wonderful yard, the birds, the new buds on the trees, the great way the children are learning remotely and my son...all give me comfort..
Quilters give me comfort
PS...My son took the children to our creek with the dog yesterday..
In March...Ok..it was the first day of Spring..

1 comment:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I am struggling today, it's the little things that have pushed me over the edge. Yes the sun is up there but there is a bitter cold wind. Right enough of that, I shall have a cup of coffee and transplant my chilli peppers, in the greenhouse. Sorry for the self pity when so many, many more are really suffering.
Hugs from a suitable distance
Josie