Saturday, April 11, 2020

Easter Bringing Hope

Today was a day that
a happy family did things together.  Windows wide open, a lovely breeze.
I gave a few sewing lessons to Dylan, then went outside to read.
The joy of hearing the lovely sound of two sewing machines humming along is
The best background music ever!!!  They sewed for two hours , helping each other and not fighting..
Lynsey made a mug rug for her mother for Mother's Day
She insists her way of sewing is her way...no help needed from me!!
Dylan made a nine patch
Lynsey teaching her daddy to make a mug rug.
The men making dinner...Eamon teaching his son how to make pork chops.
My husband died at Easter.
Five years ago...my love and I said goodbye...
April 14th
Lynsey said tonight..Grandma...
This is the first Easter, you  have not cried..
Not yet...Tuesday will be five years.

I decided that Tuesday would be a day of celebration of life instead of grief.
But, then my head felt lightheaded...and concussiony...
Sneaky, creeping grief is powerful

 At this time I am able to ask myself ..what would Granddaddy have wanted for us now?
Today was a day, he would have been proud of.
Tomorrow will be too...as I wanted to sleep away Easter, but
 Lynsey would not have any part of that!!!
She made Easter cupcakes tonight.
All by herself she chose a neon green-yellow to dye the coconut
grass...😊 Lynsey is thrilled with herself.
Tomorrow she has all planned out.
I am to be up by 10:30 ha ha ha
Her daddy is to help her make us a breakfast surprise.
She has insisted that Easter means baked ham, mashed potatoes and corn casserole
She had her daddy go shopping for the items she needed.
She has ordered dinner for 5 o'clock ...OMG
That girl wears me out...
She makes me happy too..She brings the Easter spirit alive.
My son is into it too...especially since the Easter bunny has recovered from the virus and is back in action...I am going to bed...knowing, my dear man would be proud of all of us today.
Grateful 

7 comments:

myrtovl said...

Happy Easter Diane, your grands are amazing and your son so caring, you must be very proud of them. I know life goes on without the physical appearance of our loved ones but we always carry a small part of them in our heart and thought. Love, Myrto

Michele Bilyeu said...

Happy Easter dear Diane. This post was so touching and beautifu. 💝 Easter gifts of love so full in this amazing family you put together and mended day by day amid so many struggles. But you all did it. #alonetogether

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Diane! I have moved to Fort Mill, SC. I’d love to visit with you and catch up. Let me know if there may be a time, after the Corona!

Unknown said...

Catherine Powell

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Sounds like some wonderful family time - glad you were able to savor it even at this sad milestone.

Kaja said...

You should be proud of yourself too, for all these happy family moments at a difficult time. Lynsey is a force to be reckoned with!

Cjsmimi said...

This entire post made me smile, dear friend. Enjoy the abundance of love in your family. You are blessed. Also, I bet that Lynsey is a lot like you when you were her age...unstoppable!