Tuesday, April 28, 2020

New Post, Old News

My life...50 years of fabric collecting..
When I dragged self out of bed at noon today, I found a fraction of the 
fabric, from shelves in my sewing room, piled  on the dining room table.

Lynsey announced that she was helping me with my organizational skills.
She said that the truth was that people's sewing studios did not look like mine.
How does she know???..That girl!!!

As I started looking thru my stash on the table..
I felt the rise of excitement.
My heart started beating...new to me fabric..hidden for years.
Oh...I did not know I had this...or..this is wonderful!!!

So far, I have folded 5 pieces....I get distracted by color.
We ate dinner outside tonight.!!! We all know why!

Boo, last night in my son's room...reflecting the ghostly twilight zone we live in now.
Our dearest Halloween cat.  Our dearest Halloween life.
Speaking of orange...Oh, no..let's not speak of orange...hmmmmm
I have some beautiful fabric that I have collected throughout the years.
Why then, do I waste my time arranging scraggly  scraps, trying to make someone a
comfort quilt...trying to make beauty out of ugly?
As usual, this time of night is not the time for obsessing

It has been suggested to me...a total news freak...that instead of watching:
Al Jazeera, CNN, BBC, FOX, NBC. etc...24/7
Getting myself all irritated...

Instead, I should watch this:
John Krasinski Some Good News

Me thinks that my dear man was a complete saint to put up with me.
Sigh....
I have not left the house in 5 weeks.
Itching to go to Aldi.
My children say NO.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh I did smile reading about your fabric rediscovery. I have done that too. I have fabric that I have absolutely no recollection of buying. Do you have fabric that is far too pretty to cut... I do. :-)

Michele Bilyeu said...

"I have some beautiful fabric that I have collected throughout the years.
Why then, do I waste my time arranging scraggly scraps, trying to make someone a
comfort quilt...trying to make beauty out of ugly?" Grandma O'Quilts (April 28, 2020)

Considering the losses in your life this is profound especially after i read that Southern Living magazine article and the writers perceptive understandings coming to light after loss of the beauty she thought she had to a new appreciation of so much beauty she still has.

Good thing Lynsey sees through you and into the lively color and love of so many kinds you still have but don't always remember and gets you out of feeling into doing!

Oh what lovely beautiful being sprang from you and your beloved to grow and flourish even now in these challenging times.πŸ’œ Your son and these darling grands are true gifts of love even in their and your worst of times πŸ’œπŸ₯°πŸ’œ