Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Ring the Bell that Still Can Ring....

Anthem by Leonard Cohen.
"Ring the Bell that still can ring, There is a crack in everything,
 that's how the light gets in."
Above: Our family picture from working at the Miccosukee Indian Reservation.

Today is the day...the saddest day of my life.
Five years ago..
My wonderful dear man had his life stolen by ALS.
Josh Groban, To Where You Are

While I stayed in bed forever trying to decide my day, my family came up with breakfast in bed.
I did indeed feel so loved.. I was thinking about him, they were thinking about me.

The day is beautiful, and so I ramble...grateful for our daily gifts.

Let me tell you, laundry is not so easy to do with kids and no Stephanie.
Eamon does a good job...but still...Finally, my clean things were up on my chair..
MY chair...Really Boo....Is there no other place to sleep???
Deviled eggs for Easter...all made by you know who.....
 Before dinner, she only would let me have one to taste..
I had to wait for dinner like everyone else...That girl runs a tight ship.
She did announce that Easter brunch and Easter dinner were pajama occasions!!
No one got dressed!!
I am getting 100 meters of elastic from E-bay this Friday.
I do not know how much that is in inches...too lazy to look.
I have spent a fortune on elastic that is not promised until June..sigh..
I hope masks will still be needed then..if not...I will use them on bowl covers.

We survived the bad storms...we kept electricity...this was the neighborhood casualty 
The road out....

I am supposed to be losing weight for my hernia operation.
Oh, dear...I think I am going the other way...stress abounds !!
The story of my life!!
Thank you Donna for sharing this...one of my favorites.
Down to the River to Pray..virtually..

Nothing is the Same
Rain on the roof is different now.
Sunset lacks its rosy hue.
Evening stars flicker and fade.
Yet the wind still wails for you.

Alice Franzen Clemons Burt  from Daydreams,  2006

Mr. O'Quilt's beloved roses...came back beautifully...
They bring hope.
Thanks to a little help from my friends..

The Rose , 
Bette Midler and W. Judd


6 comments:

livelymonkey said...

Always a hard day.
Mona

Ellen Guerrant said...

Dear friend, I have been thinking about you all day. So glad your family has surrounded you with so much love! Hugs.

Pauline Michaud said...

1 meter is about 39 and 1/4 inches, so you've ordered about 3925 inches of elastic... that will be a lot of masks!

Cherie said...

My heart ached with sadness for you when I read this post. Please will you accept a virtual hug. Be gentle with yourself. x

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

So sorry for your hard day. It must be so painful. Glad though that you have your lovely family around you, to provide the sunshine peeking through the clouds. (and, why do cats love a pile of clean laundry;).

Mystic Quilter said...

A sad day for you Diane but you had the family taking care of you , Mr O'Quilts roses were blooming and such a beautiful photo of you all-together and looking so very happy -golden memories.