Friday, April 10, 2020

The Absolute Joy of a Lovely Day

Two little darlings with organizational skills far better than mine ..
cleaned off my mess table and set up their machines so we could all sew together tomorrow.
Their stools are stacked..all ready to go.
Here they are .."practicing"!! for the picture....

Dylan's fabrics for his one patch quilt.
Even though I am completely out of elastic for mask making,
I am still cutting out fabric...with great hopes my Amazon orders will come soon.
The big bad wolf virus is here in Charlotte now...I have not been out of my house
in 3 weeks..too scared cuz I am old with asthma.

My son is the brave one...with his mask and his gloves, his hand sanitiser and nonstop hand washing..
He goes out into the world for our family.

A marvelous surprise tonight....Yup...we got the good news...The Easter Bunny is out of intensive care...Actually that bunny is so much better, he is out of the hospital and ready to go!! Whew!!
Here are the two youngest darlings...dying eggs with their father.
The above baby quilt was finished today...Yeah!!

The broken dishwasher deal is not fun.  I remember telling my mother, when I was 10 and it was my turn to wash dishes...."But, Grandma loves to wash dishes."
Now, I am the grandma!!!!

The gratitude...a stunning day..Carolina blue...Stitch and I enjoying the yard.
And, the miracle of what Peter calls our Thanksgiving Cactus...
Can you imagine...it is blooming in April!!!
Yup, a very good, happy day.!
The below link is what I think life is all about...

5 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Such a neat photo of Dylan and Lynsey all ready to go!! You're doing the very best thing staying put in the house and garden, this is what we are doing, we can only go out to a medical facility, a pharmacy or the supermarket - total lockdown but those over 70 and also the folk with underlying health issues are urged to just please stay home!! I am thinking of doing laps around the garden ford exercise.
Such a lovely view of your yard and Stitch enjoying the sun! Keep safe!

Cherie said...

I love the photo of the littluns at the sewing machine. You are teaching them a skill that they can use in the future. Well done. I do wish more grannies and mums would sew with their children. It's a lovely thing to do

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have blooms too on 3 of my cacti. Supposedly mine are Thanksgiving rather than Christmas cactus too. My 2 Easter cactus plants haven't bloomed since the year I bought them maybe 4 years ago now.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Lots of fun happenings in your neighborhood! Great weather. Love the blooming cacti and the twin sewing machines. Congrats on a beautiful finish on your baby quilt!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh how wonderful your family is doing! Love it all! I have a bloomer too. Amazes me how some do..Thanksgivinh, a few blooms for Christmas and full glory again at Easter. We were able to visit with 2 of our 4 grands...from a super safe distance of course. Lifted my heart so much. Where did you find those darling sewing machines, what and where
Too cute especially with those 2 behind the hand wheels!!