Monday, May 4, 2020

Discombobulation

I want to say that today was a wash...but if I am truly honest with my crabby self, that is not correct.
I rode 30 min on the bike with a book.
Just finished 11 adult masks.  It is after midnight...but still....
I have finished organizing the hutch my mother gave me for the family china.
Ha ha ha...no china...
Not as nicely as the pinks were done..cuz this family is folding impaired..
But, since Lynsey dumped them all on the dining room table the other day...
I had no choice and I am so glad.
The most disconcerting event happened today.
The girl cleaned her room....and more
She climbed on my ironing table...and ....
 announced that she wanted most all of her 5 doll houses and million dolls put in the attic.
Whaaaaaaat???? Just yesterday you were delighted with them.
I am growing up..Grandma..
Nooo..that doesn't mean you cannot play with dolls.

And, I got that look again...that rising middle school look.
The portent of things to come????
I do not know what to think???  Overnight?????

These are very fun...Kitchen Tutes

Now...just to share...In my discombobulated state of not knowing the day or the night.
Of there  being no school and no work..
Of there being fear and crazy all around.
Of having no lunches out and hugging my friends only via Zoom.

I stepped on my pincushion...with the entirety of my considerable body weight.
Needles went clear through my crocs into my foot, I yelped
Just sayin'

Thank God there was a doctor on site at the time.
The children came running.
The boss took over...Dylan get water and soap, Dylan get a bandage ,
Dylan hold her hand, Alexa play calming music.
Then Dr. Lynsey took the tweezers, told her grandmother to be still and
with great force pulled out two big sewing needles..OMG.
A story that ends quite well.
TBTG

The ship around here is usually run with a tight rope.
Now, not so much.
Is it because their father is too lax?
Is it because there is no structure to our days?
Is it because they are both in a big growth spurt with illusions of grandeur.
I do not know.

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Ouch, ouch and double ouch. I hope that foot isn't sore. You have such a lovely little family. I smile when I read about them. stay safe...all of you. x

Cathy Cartledge said...

She got the call: It is time to put away your toys. Your life is happening and your poor foot stuck with needles she took charge, yes time to put away the toys. This was a good day for her. Be safe. You are loved.