Saturday, May 16, 2020

Grandma in Training to be a Navy Seal

My girl is having her first baby...I am so excited.
She told me the kind of toddler bed quilt she wants...
Now I can plan and leisurely sew.
Sheep...The Irish way!!!

These are some of the wash cloths I am making for her baby.
I looked online for soft baby washcloths...They sent me microfiber...so soft.
On one side, I am covering them with adorable baby cotton quilting fabric...
Then I am quilting them to hold them in place.
  
Right away, my son and my granddaughter were jealous...
OMG, they wanted me to make them some...Talk about being a baby!!!!
And, the child is not even here yet....She is due in July..

Something is wrong with me.
Again!!
I am not reading as many books.
I am not reading my friends' blogs.
My go go go, has gone gone gone.

Bingo, I read an article Tina found on the web:
Handle Stress the Navy Seal Way.
Late in my life...I have become.a Navy Seal wannabee...
Here are the tasks I have accomplished ....10 masks for children.
See, I have had this problem of the children misplacing their masks and coming in my
sewing room just helping themselves to new ones....

Or, my OCD son,
washing them all the time so when the children want them, they are wet!!!!
We are mask believers...to help keep others safe.

I took 6 baby hangers from Lynsey's room to send to Emily...
I took 6....Lynsey has 20.
Mind you she is 11 and has not put her clothes on baby hangers since she was 4.  OMG....
She said, I do not want the new baby to have those...
They are mine and I love them????????
She told her father that I stole them and vandalized her closet/????????
 God, please help me.
I had to give them back and apologize...

I got a grip, bit the bullet...and on my credit card ordered a new dishwasher.
One would think that the store would be thrilled to make sale.
Maybe they were...
However....due to the "Covid 19 situation", they will notify us when it is available.
It is OK...
Good practice for the children to wash and dry dishes the "old fashioned way"!!
It is my son and I who are sick of it..!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

This post is really funny. Not in a haha at you kind of way, but in a haha we so understand your life. The things kids come up with, but then you added that Navy Seal wannabe quip, and I couldn't help but imagine myself in that role. I can walk up a little hill. Boom, Navy Seals, here I come. I suppose it's especially funny because my husband is hooked on "Seal Team" and "86 Whiskey." Maybe he lives through the TV. It might be the only way. :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm to pleased to read that you're busy making for the expected baby! Such fun you'll have I know. Regarding your not reading, I think many, many of us are having difficulty with our usual routines at this time, we have to find a new way of operating, I don't mind washing dishes by hand but we do use the dishwasher, means I have more time for quilting! Hope you have delivery of your new one pretty soon.