Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Making the Best of Crazy

Wash clothes for new little baby girl coming this summer...all done!!
The micro fleece on the back is like Minky...It sewed well once I realized,
 I needed a stretch needle in my machine!!

Snow in Charlotte!!
 First we had a thick layer of yellow dust for weeks from
the tall pine trees in our yard...
Now, "snow" is from our two big Carolina Cottonwood trees...
Spring in the Carolinas!!

Stitch doesn't mind...as long as he can be the center of attention!!
Above, "snow" in the tomato garden.
Dylan and Grandma went to a small private neighborhood park
He started reading his book assignment.  We had thought we were alone.
Quickly we were distracted by fighting Canadian Geese.
 Really?  Dylan thought they were adorable until
they started to come toward us with their attitude.. (thx Lisa)
Last night the grands and I played canasta.
They are still learning....so much fun.
Memories here of playing with my own grandmother at that age.
And card memories too.
These cards with "grandma" printed on them, I sent to my own
grandmother when I lived in New York City.
Hmmmm  That was 50 years ago...
And the Interlochen playing cards are from when my daughter graduated high school
from Interlochen Art Academy in Michigan...
That was 15 years ago...
Yes...It is true...I  keep everything....but how nice the memories.


And wonder of all wonders...how the children chose a matching snack for
our card playing . Not only red, but a healthy one at that!!
To: Lynsey and Dylan....Do you know why I would receive notes from both your teachers
that school work had not been done last week????
And you had told me that, yes...it was done??
What are you two doing/??  It is 10 pm.
I see....you have been busy, indeed!!!
Lynsey does not want the new baby girl coming...in Portland...
to be the only one with new soft washcloths.!!
Here are the two purple ones that Lynsey picked out for herself.
The above fabric is one of the ones that Emily brought back from her honeymoon in Thailand.
The below fabric is an African print that I bought on sale online.
Now...thanks to Chuck...we have the wisdom below:

It is soon one in the morning...Out of control children are now learning how to
install a new dishwasher.  No bed for them!!!

I have very strange children..
My son LOVES to install new dishwashers!!!
And, my daughter LOVES to do taxes.
All I can say is that I am one lucky grandma!!!!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We had cottonwood trees on the farm where I grew up. I always loved it when the cotton fell.

Sharon said...

Oh boy, sounds like my yard. First bucket-fulls of pollen from the fir trees and now the cottonwood cotton all over.

How fun to have a new little granddaughter on the way! And what fun to sew for her! Who doesn't love baby stuff?

Your grandkids with you are having some real life experiences! Sometimes that's better than schoolwork. And they will remember this time as a special time in their life. I know they keep your on your toes!