Friday, May 29, 2020

My Soul is Saved by Fabric Art

My soul had better be saved by fabric art...cuz there are riots tonight in Charlotte.
Right across from the Art High School where my children went to school
Looting, police in riot gear...OMG..
Just go sew....Grabbing fabric strips to sew...random, brain free sewing.
Also 4 inch patches...one to another for a future four patch.
Stress here...school is the worst...Isolation is next..money is next..
However, I am working on being more like Boo
Just look how he relaxes.

The other day , it was two am...
Hopefully I was smart enough not to post something stupid at this hour.
I have done that before...
The children are having a hard time missing the structure of school
They miss their friends.  They miss other family members.
They cling to us.  They stay up too late.
We stay up too late.
My son is now handling his stress by changing the oil in our cars.
I am making masks and cloth napkins.
That was yesterday.

Today, I am getting a grip.  Zoe and I chilling on the screened-in-porch.
Reading and breathing under shelter, in the rain.

 Blueprint is going out of business....OMG one more thing..Thank goodness for now..Creative Bug is still around...for how long??  I am itching to know..

Karen, send me your email address so I can thank you properly for my blog comment.
The napkin making is an old idea, new to me.
I make them one sided, just hem the edges.  Some folks serge the edges, but that
is not for me.  It is really a perfect, no think project for these times.
I hope you start sewing again soon.
Even simple napkin making is life saving.
And life saving is priceless..

3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Hello, we are having riots here also in Omaha, NE. I am stitching but I need to get back to quilting a project that has been not sewn in about 10 years. It is white, blue and yellow.

Cjsmimi said...

I didn't know about riots in Charlotte...perhaps I should watch the news instead of ANYTHING else! Yes, I saw about Bluprint. I have 8 class credits to use yet. I ordered a lot of fabric from them just now because theirs is lovely and now almost at giveaway prices! 4 yards that coordinate with a quilt top I've already made for less than $12! Woot Woot I am making baby quilts for my children's friends and I've found that these projects are just the right size for me. As I always say, "babies are not quilt critics!" :) Keep sewing, sister.

Mystic Quilter said...

We're seeing coverage of the riots here on the TV news, best to stay home Diane and try to relax, as you say Boo is a great example of how to chill!