Sunday, May 10, 2020

Odds and Ends, Mostly Odd

Hoping that some day, my girl would have a girl of her own, I made this dolly quilt..

Lynsey said she has had it for her own dolls for at least 6 years.
Possession being 9/10 of ownership, Lynsey will not give it back to Emily.
OK  OK...no fighting now, I will make Emily's baby another one.

My son brought me a Foxglove for the second year in a row.
Beautiful!!!
Lovely art inside the flower.
Creative minds on a Sunday afternoon.
Lynsey colored with sharpies the staples.
When the stapler is used, the staples come out in different colors...both sides.
A bit of money from the credit union.
Sprayed with disinfectant , now sitting in the sun.
A dear and gracious friend brought a yummy cake today.
We loved it!!!!
My girl finished making her first baby bonnet for her upcoming baby.
Sooo adorable!! It has a little brim...awwww.
Looking through my things with a fine eye...I found a vintage tablecloth dotted with holes.
Since we no longer have a dishwasher, we are always out of dish towels.
This table cloth has now been cut into 8 soft nice dish towels.
Today is Mother's Day.  I  felt loved.
My DIL sent me a very touching card.
My girl (in Portland) called in Chinese food for us...my son picked it up.
Quite a surprise.
Tomorrow school starts again...more Zooms...more chastisement for Dylan..not doing his work.
AD/HD kids hate to do school work...I am beyond myself.

We not only do not have a dishwasher working, nor a working garage door...
 but now we have no hot water. either.
On top of it all...my guess is...tomorrow we will still have...
the Covid-19....
Maybe my hairdresser will cut my hair in her back yard????
Does not matter at all...Today was a lovely day.
Do I dare let the exterminator inside the house..or should he just do outside?
I will sleep on it.

2 comments:

Cathy Cartledge said...

I love your quilts and I zoom in to see the detail. It sounds like your crew are all over the place and well LOVED. How nice of Emily to provide a nice meal. She's pregnant? When is she due?

Cherie said...

You are disinfecting money... is that the same as money laundering :-)