Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Carolinas Start Opening....

I finished this just now.
It took mind to matter, mettle to pedal, and the Nike Way.
No lollygagging at all.

DONE is the hated free motion quilting.
Amazing that every single one  of my finished tops has been quilted..
All this sewing, instead of going out where I do not belong.

Our household is totally out of control.
Sometimes we do not get dressed.
Sometimes the children stay up to eleven pm
Every night I seem to get company in my bed.
It never used to be like this.. Not only does the girl come in..but her cat comes too.

Even the dog seems stressed and out of sorts.
Watching out for us all.
We are all in it together...It is easier to look at things that way.
Although, I must admit...often it feels lonely...this isolation bit.
Guess that is why I get company at night,
I notice that her brother, Dylan is usually found curled up next to his daddy downstairs.

When I called in my medication today, the pharmacist said for me to stay home.
She said only 1 out of 3 people are wearing masks.
Tonight they opened some malls.
There they were....the people...like it was Black Friday...
all crowded up...just a few wearing masks...

We must be watching different TV stations...

4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

The children need structure and they had that at school. You have your hands full. It is scary I do not feel good when I do have to go out I rush back home quickly. Take care my friend, put a sign up on your door when you need quiet time.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Lovely finish. Is that block pattern Crown of Thorns? Might not be exactly that but it's what came to mind.

Peter K said...

As that recent article you shared indicates, stores are not the issue, if we go in and out quickly. Still, my latest prescription refill at CVS is being mailed to me at no cost. You probably can do the same thing if you haven't arranged it already.


As for that quilt, it's terrific! As is the love-in, in your house. Not only the kids, but these amazing animals who have come to us to protect and reassure . . .

Mystic Quilter said...

Congratulations on your quilt finish!!! Lots of our routines get out of kilter at such times as we're having now, and does it really matter if now and again you stay in your jammies and potter around the house?
Love the photo of Lynsey and Stitch. We are awaiting an announcement tomorrow as to whether we might move down to Level 2, maybe phase in and go for a sort of Level 2.5. We have folks here too who totally ignore the information on TV, in the papers, pamphlets etc. It make me so cross that most of us are playing by the rules to try and keep ourselves and others safe and then are behaving (as stated by our PM) as idiots!!