Friday, June 12, 2020

A Random Friday

Life as we know it, changed in a second...Downstairs bathroom
Quick mask washing station...little plastic hooks..sigh. No excuses!!!
After my exciting outing today, I had the energy to cook.
The neighbor had given us 12 zucchini...4 went into this dish
Soooo   yummy...found on Pinterest. I added some Panko bread crumbs.

My new friend Anna....shared this plaque
of the greatest expression of kindness:
image1.jpeg

I have never heard of the quilt artist Bisa... Wow do I love her work and insight.
Bisa Butler, art quilter.

The O'Quilts family graduation party continues:
Fishing...caught 6 fish, thrown back.
Slip and slide on the front lawn hill.
Yummy stew in the crock pot...all gone in one day..
Growing mouths ate the stew for breakfast, lunch , snack and dinner.

I am not  used to thinking of things for dinner every day.
The children always eat happily and always say, Thank you, Grandma!
I am in awe of how many people give joy and help to our family.
Tis the time for giving.
Turned in three children's quilts for our December outreach.
For me, I will have made 5....#6 is on the design wall.
They were asking for boy pre-school quilts..
This one is a bit boring..I hope it will be OK with a happy backing.

My leg is improving from my fall...
My doctor insisted on a visit anyway.
Cut foot is healing, cyst is fine, all fine
However, mental health is real... She told me to go to the grocery store.
If  you wear a mask and wash your hands, there is very little chance of getting sick at the food store.
Wahooooooooo.
I did that, and now you are listening to a brand new human being!!!!
Only the second time in 3 months..

My girl is now 34 weeks pregnant.
Her husband finished making this co-sleeper to put next to their bed at night:
Emily is making the  mattress and sheets.
I am so proud of both of them being so creative!!

After stuffing myself with someone's yummy chocolate cookies.
Sewing up a random outreach quilt is in order.
I said, sewing a random outreach quilt...
I did not say to begin 5 of them...and finish nothing...

1 comment:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love the crib I saw a couple in Denmark have it next to their bed. They are homesteaders living off the land. Exciting news in your family. Working in my garden, so many weeds. Some cross stitching and knitting but slow on my quilting. I have a Quilt batting wall, that comes in so handy.
Have a great day, you live in a beautiful state.