Monday, June 15, 2020

Drivel and Such

Rail Fence top for homeless children outreach.
The fabric below from Denise Schmidt is one of my favorites.
I used it up....a sad day in this collector's cupboard!!
Although, it does look good on the border here.
Lynsey learned to love tea from her Irish granddaddy.
She often makes it for herself...Of course, he only took it with milk.
She has other ideas...She takes it with sugar and honey!!!
He drank Barry's tea...She drinks Peach Lemon
Same idea....ha!
Started one baby donation quilt and ended up starting five???
And, why am I using red, white and blue...
I am forever, AD/HD!!
Fun...Here my girl has made a dress for her girl, coming in July..
The free Geranium dress pattern
Made by Rae
Fabric is Sevenberry Petite Garden
These are the snap sets we have:
plastic snap kit
When doom is upon me, I gaze out at the huge Gardenia bush in our yard.
Grown from a sliver rooting in a glass...Great Aunt Carl in Greenville, Alabama.
I remember sitting on my porch here at home, sharing my woes with her on the phone.
Aunt Carl said...Sounds like a beautiful place to be miserable in.
I never forgot that..Nor, Great-Aunt Carl
She had her hair in curlers and slept with a shot gun under her pillow
way up into her 90s...


Lynsey was looking at our green tile in the kitchen...she was remarking
on how many shades of green there were..I told her about this song.
Forty Shades of Green
She had Alexa play the song and old grandma promptly burst into tears.
A sharp pain in my broken heart...the loss of my dear Irish man.
Hugs from the kids...and it eased up.
That grief...it just never goes away.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

It seems like there's always grief lurking, doesn't it? I like your idea of starting multiple quilts at once. And it works for you, because you seem to be a finisher, eventually. I start quilts and then once I've satisfied my curiosity or learned a new technique, there they sit. You are one of my quilting heroes, because you just "Go sew."