Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mixed Blessings

Patriotic top done..such a good feeling.  I am going to donate it as is to our guild.
Our guild has measurement requirements...eg a wheelchair quilt is so many inches.
And a veteran quilt is another size...Since I am not a rule follower...
If I donate this as is...then someone will decide on a size and finish it.
I understand that different people like different parts of the quilting process.
 Oh...Dylan...You are so great!!!   Par-boiling the peppers above...AND taking the picture.
 Stuffing the peppers!!
Voila!!!!   And now they are all gone...
Great job Dyl!!!1
Our IQ Zoom last night was so wonderful...It lifted my spirit to realize that
I still have good friends...I forget that, in this isolation.
It was after this Zoom , that Dylan and I had the energy to make a nice dinner.
Asparagus from the oven.
Dylan learned a lot last night..sauteing garlic, sprinkling cheese, setting the timer.
A lovely dinner...and a lovely night.

My girl is in the family way...xoxo
I loved this from Jenny at Missouri Star
Going to get my son to put up the bar for me.
We already have holiday lights around our door.
Anything to cheer us all..
Hanging a Porch Quilt

I just finished a webinar on Complicated Grief and Covid-19.
 I learned some awful news about our country.  I learned that the USA
has less than 5% of the world's population, yet, the USA has 25 to 30% of
both the world's cases and deaths of Covid-19.
Our country is handling this pandemic so poorly that we are at the very bottom with India and Brazil.
We are handling it this so badly, that European countries are working on excluding travel from the USA
I am disgusted!!
On to the next quilty project...something I can control..

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Dylan has the makings of a great cook doesn't he. I too am a fan of Missouri Star and have watched so many of Jenny's videos. She has such a lovely calming voice.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's really nice how guilds help facilitate different people completing different phases of a quilt for donation. Yes we look at the news with dismay and I'm starting to lose hope that Japan will open its borders to travelers from the U.S. anytime soon. Why would they? It's so frustrating.