Friday, June 19, 2020

Opening the Mind that Thinks it is Open....

o
Elephant postcard I made to say "Thank you".
People are sooo good...Gotta be sooo good too!!

I am much better after my fall...
I love you Naproxen and Tylenol!!!
Friends, Thank you for all the well wishes.

Tis the season...of sorts:
On a stressful day, I just sewed one block to another to make a four patch.
It was relaxing and no-thinking.
In a few days, I felt more focused and made the 4 patch into triangles.
I ended up here:
Once sewn together it will be for outreach...

The recent "revolution" is making me think!!!
After all these years of accepting the status quo,
I now struggle to understand why we celebrate the Fourth of July...when..
It only freed white men...certainly not women..We could not vote.
Certainly not black slaves, and certainly not American Indians..whose land it was in the first place.
I wonder why it never came up in my schooling that this holiday was not for all of us. In fact, it was not for most of us.

My sister and niece came by tonight dressed in colorful masks...
They brought treats for the fallen one, who is now better.
It was delightful to sit 6 feet apart with masks on and visit.

Tonight is the night I will leave my patriotic blocks on the wall, not sewn together.
And, I will work on something new!!
YES!!!!

2 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Sorry about your fall... and glad you are on the mend and had nice visitors too. I agree.... there's a lot to reckon with right now...

Michele Bilyeu said...

Yes yes yes!