Sunday, June 21, 2020

Today's Happy and Yesterday's Happy

Best memories with quilts....tenting..for reading or imagination. 

The sun came up today about 5 pm, when I rolled out of bed for the second time.
Evidently, day 3 after a fall, is a bit rough!!
I find it quite easy in this virus isolation to focus inward, instead of thinking of others.

I have been to Haiti.
I have been to India during a war.
I have been in Miami during devastating #5 Hurricane Andrew.
I have been in Vietnam and seen the results of war.
I have worked at Hospice and seen pain and death.
I have witnessed despair first hand with my man's ALS..
And, yet......that invasive Pearl!!!!
Even though I know how great I have had it...I cannot control Pearl.

I must tell you that Pearl tried to come back last night.
But, I was smart enough to have put on the security alarm.

Aurifil white 50 mako thread
Here is the least expensive price I found tonight....$11 a spool.
 I balked at that price, until I saw on the Aurifil site, that it was $15 a spool.
Certainly a luxury for me.  However, I have not had to buy thread in forever.

Father's Day at our house.
The kids and my son arranged the fun.
They voted on bratwurst on the grill and beanie-weenies!!
Who am I to question???
They were so excited..They wrote notes about what they loved about their daddy.
Evan sent him a text
No one wanted a sit down dinner...so here we are..
Everyone with smiles...Amazingly great. and no fuss.
Lynsey baked a cake, but it is not frosted yet because she cannot decide on which
homemade frosting recipe she wants to use...Oh, well..there is still tomorrow.
Who said we cannot celebrate the day after Father's Day??
Or, in fact every day...every single day...
I am keeping on my alarm..

Looking again on the old picture site.
Bag front is from  a workshop I did with...Rose Hughes.
Below is the house quilt I made...back in the day when my man drafted the house pattern for
me to make templates from cardboard...Hand pieced, machine quilted.  My girl has this now.
Also, the log cabin quilt that I finally made years later for an anniversary..
My man loved the log cabin block. Quilted by Terri Feehan.
Pig on the bed I made in 1978 for my grandmother who collected pigs...
Little piglets are attached by snaps.

Bed made in Miami by Ric Orgaz....marvelous carpenter/wood artist.
I also see on the corner shelf, my grandmother's cookie jar pig..with shamrocks.
Remembering yesterday and enjoying  today

1 comment:

Peter K said...

Thanks as always for your lovely blog post, Diane. And the song, the energy of which seems to flow through your message, thoughts and memories. Hope you soon turn the corner on this fall . Please take care.