Thursday, July 23, 2020

Aoife

Family O'Quilts with joy, welcomes our Aoife...


Last night at 10:44 pm pst, July 22, 2020, 7 lbs, 2 oz. 19 inches

via C-section

 My new granddaughter is an Oregon girl.

Look how small she is on day one of her life as her Irish daddy holds her.

Aoife

Meaning of the Irish name Aoife. 

MEANING: “beautiful, radiant, joyful." Known as the greatest woman warrior in the world, Aoife was the mother of Cuchulainn’s (read the legend) only son, Connlach. Aoife Dearg (“Red Aoife") was a daughter of a king of Connacht who had her marriage arranged by St. Patrick himself. In 2003 Aoife was the third most popular Irish girls name for babies in Ireland.

GENDER: Girl | Female

IRISH NAME: Aoife

PRONUNCIATION: ee + fa"

Aoife Clancy, A Mantle of Green

Aoife Clancy, Spain in My Heart

Aoife Clancy at the Tosco Music Party in Charlotte.

My husband hosted an Irish youth band when Emily was in high school. 
They opened for Cherish the Ladies when they performed in Charlotte.
 My daughter is an Irish musician as was her father..
New little Aoife is already auditioning...crying, on key!!!   
'Our family is blessed...
My girl loves Irish sheep and Oregon chickens...
I can now, relieved..start making fun things like that for Aoife. 

After my husband died, I could not bear to listen to Irish music.

It was a trigger for me...when he was not on stage playing.

Today, that turned around. 

 A new life, a new chance...new hope..

Welcome Aoife.

Your grandma loves you.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm so very,very happy for you. Congratulations to Mom, Dad and all the family. Beautiful name for a beautiful new life. Grandaddy must be beaming with pride from heaven.

Peter K said...

I love the photos, and joyful message! Congratulations and more, Diane. And thank you for the pronunciation guide. I never would have guessed! It's as beautiful on paper as it sounds. As suits that brand new baby girl.

Cjsmimi said...

I love her name and it's meaning! Glorious congratulations, dear Diane. Our lives are so full of highs and lows, but this high is one of the HIGHEST that God gives us! Wishing all the best for little Aoife, her parents and family. LIFE IS GOOD!

VRooks said...

Everything is wonderful! Thank you for sharing your family and stories with all of us bringing special light into these trying times.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your newest granddaughter.

Cherie said...

Congratulations to you all. It's nice to hear such lovely news.

Courtney said...

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I love her name and your sweet musings on it.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations to the new addition to your family. And the lesson about the name. I was trying to figure out how to pronounce it - I was so wrong!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Congratulations! Precious baby with a beautiful unique meaningful name. Lovely!

Mystic Quilter said...

I am so, so happy for you Diane!! Your grand-daughter has been given a beautiful name and when I read your Instagram post I looked up the pronunciation, thank you for also sharing the meaning of her name. Sending many wishes for health and happiness to her and to your daughter and her husband, and of course to yourself!! God Bless.

Barb said...

what a sweet wee one.
lovely name too, thanks for the info.
Blessings to everyone.

Cathy Cartledge said...

So sweet and she shares my birthday. She is fortunate to have loving and gifted parents. I hope you are well and taking care. Much love and a bear hug.