Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Choice

 CHOICE
In a niche in a rock carved by the sea lies a
cradle of comfort, a haven for me.

Threatening tides roar with their spume of
salt spray while seductive waves rise only 
two feet away.

Danger abounds on this high windy place as
the lure of forever kisses my face.

Alone in a circle of stone, protected yet
wildly free, will I cling to the solid 
rock...or yield to the tempting sea?
by Alice Franzen Clemons Burt
from her book, Daydreams.

Again, I share my mother's poem with you.
Just like all poetry, it's meaning changes as we change.

This time of our pandemic is hard...very hard.
Today, I look at this poem as an encouragement by my mother to carry on.
To do the best I can.

Everything has changed...including this:



This morning I came down feeling like I had been run over by a truck.
PT yesterday was exhausting...Went to my peaceful sewing room with my breakfast and 
found this....Their music blaring, potato chips, sewing, helping each other.
Amazing..Amazing Grace.    

More hope from my mother:

CATERPILLAR
Caterpillar crawled up the garden wall
Looking around he saw nothing at all
He fell asleep in the shade of a tree
And dreamed of the butterfly he'd like to be
When he awoke, to his surprise, he had
Orange wings--and now he flies!!!

Strange when isolated, feeling friendless...that I can still
connect and get strength from my mother..through her books.
I love you Mom xo

3 comments:

Susan Dunne-Lederhaas said...

How sweet to fine the young guns at their sewing machines!! Wow! How many grandmothers are witness ti this treat!! Dylan's intense focus is amazing!! I love this.. Really special...
Hugs, Susan

Cherie said...

You sound so down lately. I hope you are looking after yourself and getting plenty of 'me time'. Those sweet grandkids of yours are very lucky to have such a wonderful guiding hand.. These times will pass and life will one day return to normal or perhaps a new normal.

Rosec said...

What a great picture, kids engrossed with being creative.